Research each of the 20 artists listed below.
WHERE TO START:
•If there are links to a specific work, please focus on this specific work in developing your idea.
•If the link is to a general website, or there is no link provided, search for further information on google, you are to consider the artist's work in general, choose a work, or works for inspiration.
•For each artist, explore their work in depth - their ideas, their locations, their audiences, their intentions, etc. Read reviews, look for youtube videos, etc. The links provided are a place to start!
WHAT TO DO:
•Develop one concept for a public artwork in response to each assigned artist. Your concept should be in conversation with, or otherwise inspired by each of the artists in question.
HOW YOU WILL SHARE YOUR IDEAS:
•You will read to the class your list of 20, one sentence ideas, during Monday's class, March 3rd.
•Please print your list of ideas which you will turn in to your instructors.
1) Steve Lambert - http://visitsteve.com/made/capitalism-works-for-me-truefalse/
2) The Absurdists - http://www.theabsurdists.com/ifyouconsideraudiotour.html
3) Natalie Jeremijenko - http://www.ted.com/talks/natalie_jeremijenko_the_art_of_the_eco_mindshift.html
4) Future Farmers of America - http://www.futurefarmers.com/
5) Bill Fontana - http://www.resoundings.org/
6) Jessica Findley - http://www.aeolian-ride.info/video.html
7) Mel Chin - http://melchin.org/
8) Eve Mosher - http://www.evemosher.com/
9) Harrell Fletcher, Miranda July - http://www.learningtoloveyoumore.com/
10) Nancy Holt
11) Francis Alys - http://www.francisalys.com/
12) Olafur Eliasson - http://www.olafureliasson.net
13) Janet Echelman - http://www.echelman.com/
14) Tomás Saraceno - http://www.tomassaraceno.com/
15) Igor Grubic -
16) Rafael Lozano Hemmer - http://www.lozano-hemmer.com/
17) Democracia (spanish collective)
18) Pawel Althamer - http://www.skulptur-projekte.de/kuenstler/althamer/
19) Think Again - http://www.agitart.org/
20) Joana Vasconselos - http://www.joanavasconcelos.com/index.aspx